Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Cold but the Draper Temple is Beautiful

I am officially missing California.  It is so cold here!!  Everyone keeps telling me how nice the weather has been for January and it's so nice that the sun is out.... but come on, 30 degrees in the middle of the day is not "nice".  I don't mind the cold so much when there is beautiful snow on the ground but that is all gone too.  Oh well.... there is some snow expected in a few days.

On the up side, we went to the Draper Temple Open House last weekend and it was beautiful.  Luckily we had tickets for Saturday morning so it wasn't crowded and we got right in (unlike Friday evening when I guess you had to wait about 2 hours to get in).  We took our whole family plus my brother's family plus some of our neighbors and everyone really enjoyed it.  It is such a beautiful, peaceful place and I can't wait for it to be dedicated so we can use it.  David and I went to the Jordan River Temple last week and we had to stand in a long line just to get into the chapel.  The lockers were all full so there were lines there and the temple was just packed.  It's wonderful to see so many people there but it sure makes for a long evening of waiting.


4 comments:

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Oh goodness! This is the first I have seen of the Draper Temple. I love that you can see the steeple from your house, and also possibly see other temples from your (or near) your home?

Beautiful! I miss the convenience of having a temple close by.

Holli said...

How nice to have a temple close and hopefully not too crowded! I love going to open houses.

And I guess I shouldn't tell you that for the last week it has been in the mid to high 60's with sunshine here in California... :-)

Kristen said...

I hear you about the weather! It's cold, 30 degress in the middle of the day is NOT nice weather! : )

Mad Runner said...

We must have opposition in all things right? You get temples that are close but have terrible weather. I think I will take the drive over the terrible weather.

We miss you! (California & I)