Thursday, November 26, 2009

Jared is in the Philippines

Jared called us Monday night from the LA airport on his way to the Philippines. We didn't get to see him at the airport because they don't allow that anymore, so we just got to talk on the phone. It was so good to hear from him and he even spoke Cebuano ... it sounded like gibberish to us but he sounded like he knew what he was talking about. He said he was only a little nervous but was really excited. He flew from SLC to LA where they had a 5 hour layover, then on to Taiwan where they had another long layover, and then to Manilla, and then to Tacloban. I think he said it was going to take about 2 days to get there. So now he's there and I wish we could call him and see what it's like. I guess we'll have to wait for the next email from him. He would love to hear from everyone and anyone. His email address is jared.powell.tacloban@myldsmail.net and his mailing addresses are as follows:
Elder Jared David Powell, Philippines Tacloban Mission, POB 30150, Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150
That is the "pouch" and is best for all letters.
Packages should be sent to:
Elder Jared David Powell, Philippines Tacloban Mission, 511 Maharlika Hwy, Fatima Vlg. Tacloban City, 6500 Leyte, Philippines
Just so you know, US Mail is really the only affordable way to go but anything of value will probably disappear once it reaches the Philippines. I guess they like to go through the mail and take whatever looks good. I think he would mostly enjoy letters.
He sent me his memory card from his camera and I sent him a new empty one. It was fun to see all his pictures from the MTC. Below are just a few of Jared.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone! I am thankful for EVERYTHING... I just have too many blessings to even begin to list.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Bahr Diaries said...

I can't believe it! Jared is a missionary and a fabulous one at that! You can just tell from his letters. I got teary reading this and seeing his pictures... and I'm just the Aunt!! :) What a good son you've raised!