Friday, April 20, 2012

Reffing - Coaching - Playing

I just had to post this because it's fun to see my kids grow and do new things.

I just sent Rachel and Tanner out the door to go referee a soccer game.  Tanner has been an Assistant Ref (that's the line ref) for many years now and Rachel has just started being an Assistant Ref this year.  Tonight is Tanner's first game as the Center Ref.  He was so nervous he couldn't eat dinner but I could tell that he was really excited too.  I've watched many games with him and he knows the rules forwards and backwards and makes the calls before the ref does half the time.

In addition to his advancement to center ref, he has also started coaching.  He is coaching Rebecca's soccer team for Draper City Rec.  I am actually the official coach because it has to be an adult but I don't have any idea how to coach soccer so Tanner has volunteered and he is doing great!!!  They've had 2 games.  The first game didn't go so well but they won the second game.  He was very happy.  Of course, Rebecca was very happy too and is loving soccer and having Tanner coach.  She has even decided to maybe try out for a competitive team for next year.  We'll see what happens there.

No comments: