Sunday, July 7, 2013

Jordan Lake

2 days after we got back from Lake Powell, we took off to go backpacking in the Uinta's.  David couldn't get any more time off work so I took the kids and then my brother, Roger, and my niece, Christa, went with us too.  We hiked up to Jordan Lake in the Naturalist Basin and spent 2 nights there.  It was beautiful!!  It rained a lot the first night which we weren't too happy about... until the second night when we realized that the rain had kept all the bugs away.  Rain or bugs?  We'll take the rain.

We did some fishing thanks to Roger bringing lures and showing us what to do.  He had a lot more success than we did but Rebecca managed to catch a couple and I caught one at a higher lake that he and I hiked to.  I love getting into the back country.  It is so peaceful and beautiful but it sure takes hard work to backpack in there.  I think I always forget how hard it is until I'm doing it again but I still love it!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free photo slideshow

No comments: