Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

The weekend started out in sort of a sad way. We attended the funeral for my Uncle Bill (my mom's brother). He had been quite sick and so he is probably much happier to be done with that trial but it is always sad to say goodbye. The funeral was very nice and it was great seeing all my cousins, most of whom I haven't seen since my grandfather died 20 years ago. We really need to get together in between funerals.

It was also nice to see my mom and dad who came just for the day. Mom broke her foot last week and so was in a cast and a wheelchair and lots of pain. So, she came out with dad just for the funeral and then flew back home.

Anyway, the following slide show kind of sums up the rest of our fun weekend. Enjoy.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Memorial Day Weekend
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Kaija said...

Awesome photos. I love the captions. My favorite photo is the one where David is kissing Adam's head under the flag. Quintessential America. Perfect for Memorial Day. Those who gave their lives that the lives of their children might be better.