Saturday, August 15, 2009

Obsessed with Fablehaven

Photobucket

I heard the author of the Fablehaven books interviewed on the radio a while ago. The books are written for kids (I think ages 10-14) but it sounded like a good story. So I started reading the first one so I could recommend it to my kids. I could not put it down! Once I finished, I started right into the second one. By that time, Jared figured they must be good since I wouldn't do anything else. Once he started he really didn't stop until he finished the 4th one. Joshua noticed that Jared couldn't put down the books so he started too. At one point, Tanner was reading book 1, Joshua was reading book 2, I was reading book 3, and Jared was reading book 4.

Joshua and Jared have more time to read so Jared finished all of them, as I said earlier, and Joshua is trying to steal book 4 from me so he can finish it. I'm almost done... I even read almost all night last night because I wanted to find out how it ends. It is crazy. I even said to David the other day, "I can't get the boys to do anything all day because they won't stop reading those Fablehaven books."

If you want a fun, fairly easy read, you should try these books. They even sell them at Costco.  

1 comment:

Holli said...

I just read the first one with Craig this summer. Well, I read most of it with him...when he wanted to finish the last few chapters and I couldn't do it right that moment, he went off on his own and finished reading it without me! We really enjoyed it and will have to move on to the next one.