Sunday, May 16, 2010

Timpanogas Cave

In all the years I spent at BYU and all the times I have come to visit Utah I never went to Timpanogas Cave. After living here for almost 2 years I decided it was time to go see it. I took Rachel, Rebecca, and Adam. David and the boys were at a Youth Service Project and I just couldn't find a time when we would all be able to go so we went without them.

It was a beautiful day. Perfect weather because it was sunny but very cool still. The hike was awesome and the caves were spectacular. Much better than I expected. We lucked out and had a tour guide all to ourselves. Usually there are about 20 people per tour but we got there and they were ready to go so it was just the 4 of us. I would definitely recommend it and I am taking the rest of the family as soon as they have a 4 hour window to go.

A nice ranger took this picture of us.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lots of my pictures turned out pretty good but they don't really capture how awesome it really was. Here is just one of the many I took.
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Larson's said...

Gaylene, how great you look! Everybody looks happy and healthy. I'm glad to hear another testimonial about the great Timpanogos caves. My Mom (her family was from Pleasant Grove) talked about them all the time, but we never went. Looks like the Powell's are on top of things -- literally!