Monday, June 6, 2011

An Iris Garden

You may or may not know that I love to work in the yard and grow flowers and vegetables. That doesn't mean I'm really good at it but I keep practicing and some things work out really well.

Last fall I ordered some different varieties of Iris to plant in my front yard. I thought it would be fun to do lots of different kinds. I think I planted about 12 different ones and I only lost one plant during the winter. The rest are doing quite well and they've started to bloom. I'm posting some pictures because the Iris is such an interesting flower with such beautiful shapes and colors. I think it is one of God's masterpieces. I hope you enjoy seeing these first few blooms.

Photobucket
Dodger Blue Iris

Photobucket
Harvest of Memories Iris

Photobucket
Alizes Iris

Photobucket
Luxor Gold Iris

Photobucket
Jamaican Dream Iris

2 comments:

AM Runner CA said...

Gorgeous!

The Larson's said...

May I just say that "Jamaican Dream" takes my breath away! What a treasure...and you can not only GROW it, but it can come back! Isn't nature awesome? It says "I love you" every day.