Sunday, April 7, 2013

Rachel Gets 2nd Place in District Basketball 3 on 3 Tournament

You may be a bit surprised to see Rachel with a basketball trophy instead of a soccer trophy.  Frankly, I was too.  She and her two friends entered the district 3 on 3 basketball tournament representing their middle school.  When she told me I said, "but I thought you hate basketball".  She said, "I do, but they needed someone to play with them and so I'm going to."

So I went to watch and she was really pretty good, especially for not really ever playing except a little bit in the back yard with her dad.  I was even more amazed when they came in 2nd Place.  Pretty awesome.  Go Rachel!!

On the way to the car afterwards, I was telling her that I was really impressed and she played really well.  She looked at me and said, "I still hate basketball."  Whatever.

No comments: