Sunday, August 9, 2015

Week 8 of Summer Vacation

I'm catching up on a couple of weeks of our summer.  It is just flying by and I am too busy having fun to keep up with my blog about how much fun we are having.   Hahahaha.

Week 8 - not this past week but the week before.

First off, my GARDEN is doing extremely well.  I have a million cucumbers if anyone has any good ideas as to what to do with them.  We eat them but can't eat them fast enough.


We had some passes to go to the Water Slides which were expiring on July 31st.  So on July 29th (in honor of Jared's 25th birthday), we headed to Seven Peaks in Provo.  We had a great time and I got to enjoy one of my favorite refreshments...  DIPPIN' DOTS!!!


We did a little grilling.  Rebecca is our resident hot dog grilling expert.  I mean it.  She is the only one who seems to be able to get them just right without burning them.


I hope everyone noticed the BLUE MOON on July 31st.  It is the last one until 2018.  They only happen "once in a blue moon".  Hahahaha.  We were over at the park playing a little tennis so I only had my iphone to take a picture of it.  It didn't turn out very well but you get the idea.


Of course, we are always doing crafts around here.  I think that's partly because I love to do them so much and the kids get into it once I get things started.  Just wait until you see some of the big projects we've been working on.  We aren't finished with those yet but I will post them once they are done.  Anyway, below are some pictures of the kids wood burning.  I need some good flower labels for all my iris plants and everything I've tried so far involves a Sharpie which washes away after a little while.  So, I decided to try burning the names into some sticks.  It turned out to be a fun project for us all.


Another project Rebecca and I worked on was some dying and then weaving.  We used kool-aid to die the fabric and then weaved it into baskets (those will be in next week's post).


And last but not least.... SPORTS!!  Adam had a soccer tournament in Park City.  It was quite exciting!   They lost their first 2 games so went into their 3rd one feeling a little discouraged.  Especially since it was a team that beat the team Adam's team lost to.  (Does that make sense?).  Anyway, the game was crazy.  Adam's team won 14-1!!!   Who would've thought that would happen.  So they went on to the semi-finals.  The game ended in a tie, 2-2.  They went into overtime which ended in a tie, 2-2.  Penalty Kicks would decide the game.  Adam went first and had a great shot!!!  The other team made all their kicks but our team had one that the goalie blocked so we lost by 1.  Oh well.  It was a little sad but still majorly exciting.  The team who won the whole thing was the team Adam lost to in the first game.



One more picture to add.  David has been playing a lot of softball and I wanted to include a picture of him with his team.  It is a team from his work and they've done pretty well this season!!


No comments: