Thursday, September 17, 2015

Debates, Quilts, District Meetings, Rainbows and Snow

Last night I got a chance to watch the Republican Debates.  I thought they were really interesting and I was particularly impressed with Marco Rubio.  Carly Fiorina was good as well but I don't think she is really as conservative as she sounds.  But I really can't go into all that right now.  :-)  I'll have to do a post dedicated to the politics of the day.... but not today.

The 4 hours of debate gave me some time to work on a sewing project.  I finally finished a quilt that I bought the material for about 4 years ago.  I thought it would make a cute picnic quilt so I pieced it, tied it, and finally bound it while watching the debates.  I think it turned out pretty cute.


See the cute little ants on the red checked material.  CUTE!!

District Meetings is in the title because Adam's Cub Scout Pack performed the flag ceremony at the Corner Canyon District meeting this past week and Adam was the voice.  If you want to watch it go to this website...

We had a fantastic storm this week that lasted about 3 days.  We had some crazy times of downpour and lots of thunder and lightning at times.  We had a beautiful rainbow and when the clouds cleared, SNOW on the tops of the mountains.  Yay!!



 

No comments: