Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Lost Tortoise Returns

Yesterday, one of the panels of the fence around Henry's (our tortoise) enclosure fell down and Henry escaped.  We did not figure this out until it was already dark outside.  So we spent a few minutes searching the garden area with flashlights.  No Henry.  There was one place along the fence that we thought he could fit under and go into our neighbor's yard.  So, we headed next door to ask if we could search their yard.  We searched and searched but no Henry.  So we went to bed praying we would find him in the morning.

The next morning, I went over to the neighbor's yard again and searched the whole place.  No Henry.  In the early afternoon, I was thinking about how this is about the time that I usually see Henry out and about walking around in his pen.  So I decided to go out and give it one more try.  I climbed a ladder to see over the fence and THERE HE WAS!!  Just sitting in the neighbor's yard a few feet from the fence.  I ran next door and brought him home.  I made sure the fence was all secure and then gave him some fresh lettuce and fresh water.  HENRY IS HOME!!


No comments: