Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Fabulous Birthday Gift

I had a wonderful birthday, relaxing and being pampered by my family.  I got some great gifts all of which I loved.  The picture of the apple peeler, corer, slicer is one of the gifts I got.  My niece got one for her wedding and when I saw it, I was amazed.  I love apples but many times pass up the snack for something more junky because I hate slicing them and peeling them (my kids don't like the skin much).  Tanner and I tried it out this morning.... very slick.  We finished one apple and Tanner looked at me and said, "let's do another one" (we hadn't even eaten the 1st one, it was just fun).  My husband may come home tonight to bowls of sliced and peeled apples everywhere.  Hee Hee

5 comments:

The Jackson's said...

Me and Gina love those things. I got one as a wedding gift. I need to pull it out though. Haven't used it in awhile. They are great for making pies.

Holli said...

We have one - I love it. I use it a lot in the Fall after we've been to Apple Hill and I make apple butter and apple pies and apple dumplings...you get the idea! And my kids love to eat the apples all swirled. It is such a great gift!

Kathi said...

Happy Birthday! That looks like a really fun gift. Glad you had a beautiful day!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

That is one of the reasons I only make apple pies once a year for Thanksgiving-too much work!

Now I want a fab gift like that!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

PS: Happy Birthday!!