Thursday, March 26, 2009

Do I Really Look That Old?

Adam and a couple of his friends were having a little conversation about who was taller.  Here is how the conversation went:

Friend #1 to Friend #2 - "I'm taller than you."
Friend #2 - "Nuh-uh 'cause I'm older than you."
Friend #1 - "You don't have to be older to be taller."
Adam - "Duh, my brother Jared is taller than my mom and he's only 15 and she's like a million!"

Please tell me I don't look ancient... it's just his way of saying I'm a little older than Jared, right?  Kids make me laugh.

5 comments:

Angela said...

haha...this made my day! I was told I had facial creases...I don't know if that means I am old or not.

Lyndsey said...

Brilliant! Don't you just love how you never know what kids are going to say next! And for the record - you don't look ancient!!

Julie said...

That is soo funny! You don't look old at all!! I love to read your blog.

Mary said...

Gaylene, you look great! Kids say the funniest things

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

How to Encourage Curly Hair:

If they want attention and love compliments: "curly hair will get you more notice and attention from other people"

If they are boy-crazy: "all boys like the girls to look like girls, even if they deny it"

If they admire all the princess types: "you will look just like them"

If they like their long hair: "your hair will look shinier when you curl it and it shows off the pretty colorful strands. You're so lucky that you are a blonde"

If they are vain: "curly hair makes you just look SO much prettier!"

If they are Daddy's girls: "I think Dad will JUST LOVE seeing you with curly hair, he thinks it is so adorable"

If there is something they want: "if you curl your hair, then you get _________ (this)"

I have used all of these suggestions when Leah was a toddler and she was afraid of hot rollers and the curling iron for about 3 years. My efforts have paid off.