Thursday, September 24, 2009

Jared is Officially a Missionary!

We took Jared to the MTC yesterday. It's hard to believe that my little Jared is now on a mission. I am so proud of him and am so glad he has made this choice. It was very exciting to get ready, pack, and then take him down to Provo. I felt a little sad to see him leave for 2 whole years but for the most part I just feel happy and excited. He was so ready and excited to get going. We took a few pictures at home before we left and then we just dropped him off at the curb at the MTC. Because of the swine flu they don't have the families come in anymore. So we said a quick goodbye and took a picture of him walking away.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Kaija said...

what wonderful pictures! congratulations. i think my parents would have been much happier if they had just left me at that curb! that goodbye meeting is just too painful!!!

does jared really only have one suitcase? i am SUPER impressed! it will make his life so much easier, and you can really live on very little...

Holli said...

Yeah Jared! That is so so exciting! I know I will have that experience many times in the future, which will come before I know it considering how short a time ago it seems like Jared was a deacon!

Jon@Chromium.org said...

Yeah!

I can't imagine how he could fill three suitcases though. Is he going on a fashion mission? Did they ask him to bring his own kayak?

I did know of a kid who tried to bring a year supply of his vitamins and protein supplements on his mission. Made for an uneasy conversation with customs.

How is he going to get three suitcases from the train/bus-station back to his apartment on the muddy hillside when the only transport is his bike?

Jon

Lyndsey said...

He looks so handsome!! Congratulations!! Can you send us his address so James can send him a letter? You can email it to me lyndseyhowell@gmail.com

Comarsh Crew said...

Oh my... I can't believe he is old enough to go on a mission now. That is so awesome. What an exciting day for your family. I know he will make such a wonderful missionary! Where is he going??