Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy 16th Birthday Joshua!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I found this cute picture of Joshua when we was 4. The other picture is one I took of him just before he left for his first date. Yes, his first date was on his 16th birthday. He asked a girl to Homecoming and a whole group of kids went. It sounded like he had a good time.
Photobucket
We celebrated today with a big dinner and cake and presents. I forgot to buy birthday candles so we made do with what I could find.
Photobucket
Notice Adam's face.

2 comments:

Jonathon and Sarah said...

I love the improv on the candles. That is so funny!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Wow, homecoming date on a 16th bday, can't get any better than that. LOVE that 4 year old pic!

Congrats on Jared going to the MTC/mission. In 6 more years, it will be my turn going through this. Funny how rules changes. I remember families going into MTC and having a meeting with the missionaries and etc. I think I will prefer to do the goodbye thing at the curb and let the missionary son go, why prolong things? I remember watching my mom fall apart a bit years ago inside the MTC when trying to let her baby boy go.(personally I was glad so they could now focus on me getting married soon and working on my wedding day plans...)

And I can see that everyone quickly moved on, going to BYU games. You should see all the BYU fans I got at church, right in Tucson! It is nuts!

Have a great fall time. Be sure to tell Old Man Winter to blow some cold winds down south asap.