Friday, September 4, 2009

Moments in Time

Photobucket
Sunset Photo taken by Joshua Powell

Photobucket

I spent all day making chili sauce because we used up our last jar. Since you can't buy it at the store and we love it on our roast or meat loaf... I had to make some more. It is my grandmother's recipe and I've never had anything like it except at home. I found a local farmer who sold me about 30 pounds of tomatoes for way cheap and then I went to work with some help from Jared. The house smelled so good! I ended up with about 18 pints which should last us until next summer when I can make some more.


Photobucket

This is one of Rebecca's baby mice that she is holding in her hand. So think of an 8-year-old's hand and then maybe you can picture how little the mouse is. They are very active and curious now that their eyes are open. We have to be careful when we hold them because they scurry fast and tend to jump. They are quite entertaining to watch in their cage.

2 comments:

Kaija said...

I LOVE your new header photo!!! And that sunset photo is spectacular. Too bad it is only made possible by raging fires nearby...

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Can you share this taco sauce recipe, or is it too secret? Loved the pics of the canned sauces! And wow Josh- the sunset pic is awesome!

Fires???