Monday, August 30, 2010

"I'm going to make lots of new friends"

That's what Adam said when he got to school today. It was his first day of kindergarten and I think Adam was the happiest kid in the world. He finally got to go to school like all the other kids and he was thrilled. He wanted to walk with all the neighborhood kids so I walked along with them. He went right into his class. I got to stay for a little while to do a few things with him to help ease into the classroom but he was happy as could be even when I said good-bye. He made sure I was coming back to get him and then he said, "OK, bye mom."

Some parents seemed a little sad but I have to admit that I was one happy mom. It has been 20 years since I have been home by myself during the day. Don't get me wrong, I have loved every minute of it (well almost every minute). But 2 1/2 hours a day all to myself seems too good to be true. I'll probably end up just doing dishes, yardwork, laundry, etc. but I enjoy that too. Besides, how could I not be happy when I know that Adam is so happy to be at school. I hope he loves school for the rest of his life.

 

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Holli said...

I'm the same way. I enjoy having my kids home. But I'm excited for them that they are excited for school and all the adventures that await them there. Enjoy the 2 1/2 hours a day!

Kaija said...

This post makes me really really happy for you and Adam!

Mad Runner said...

I can't believe little Adam is old enough to go to school. We aren't getting older are we? Have a blissful/productive/relaxing/fun 2 1/2 hours!

The Bahr Diaries said...

That is crazy that your baby is in kindergarten!! Where or where does time go!
I love your atitude. Enjoy those few hours. You are such a fantastic mom!
Tell Adam we hope he had a great 1st day!!