Friday, April 1, 2011

The Promise of Spring



This is one of the first daffodils that bloomed in my yard. My crocus are just about done and there are tons of daffodil buds. The tulips are leafing out really well and I can't wait to see them all bloom in a few more weeks.

The weather has been unseasonably warm the last few days so I have been out mowing the lawn, cleaning up winter debris and I even planted some lettuce and peas in my garden. As is always the case, spring arrives with a teaser and then it gets all cold and snowy for a few more weeks in April. We'll have to see what happens. No matter what though, spring will come sooner or later and in the mean time, I will patiently watch the flowers get ready to bloom. :)

HAPPY SPRING!!

1 comment:

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Sigh. Spring has ended a month earlier than normal this year for Tucson. Yesterday was 98 degrees.

Sigh. I will just have to enjoy spring from your pictures. However, if it gets cold and snowy again in April, then thats a yay for me, and spring comes back to Tucson :o)