Saturday, September 20, 2008

Eensy Weensy Spider (not so eensy weensy!)



OK, I told Melissa that spiders don't freak me out. I was proven wrong today when I came across this lovely spider in my house. It was so close to me when I noticed it I started screaming. My family all came running. It was a large, creepy spider. Then, I caught it (top picture is the spider in the bug cage), then we let it go in the yard so I could take a picture of it. Then Joshua grabbed a shoe and smashed it before I could stop him. His exact words were "That's a dangerous spider... it's orange and has horns on it's butt. I don't want it in the yard where it can get back into my bedroom (he's in the basement) and it will lay eggs in my head."
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Jackson's said...

Good pictures! I would have smashed it too.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Ha! That's hilarious! I should tell you something about the spider problem in my house, but I am saving that for another post.

So, hi Gaylene! Long time!!! I am so glad that I hooked up with ya through the blogs. I bugged and bugged Ryan to death to "get Gaylene's blog or anything at all to establish some sort of contact."

As for pictures in the header, you need to create the "page" My header is a digital scrap page. You need a program to create a page, add cute digi elements, and pictures. Programs such as Microsoft Picture It! Digitial Pro, Paint Shop, CS3 all the way to CS7 and Photoshop Elements 3.0 all the way to 7.0

I have PS Elements 6.0 and 7.0 just came out. Awesome program. The CS3 and up is the full version of Photoshop but not necessary. Elements meets most needs for digi scrapping and photo enhancements etc.

After creating this Digi page which needs to be formatted to a 4 by 6 size or 5 by 7, save it as a jpg (picture) Then add the "picture" to the header, the part where you can click to add a picture when customizing your blog.

(if you don't reformat it, or change the canvas size of the digi page, it will show parts of the header you have created. Digi pages can be created as large as 12 by 12, which is a pretty large file.)

Have fun!

Angela said...

I think I caught a spider like that when I was living at home in high school. It was great because I was collecting bugs and insects for a bug collection for Biology.

It was a big ugly spider though...sorry it scared you. It sort of reminds me of the nursery rhyme, "Little Miss Muffett..." the way it scared you and all!!

Lyndsey said...

I wouldn't have even been able to get a picture, it would have either been smashed as soon as I saw it, or I would have been screaming! Love your pictures though - You're the woman!!

The Junior Maxwells said...

hahaha! It's orange and it has horns on its butt.....
I would've run screaming!