Sunday, October 12, 2008

First Snowfall in Draper

Sunday morning we woke up to a light snowfall and about an inch or so of snow on the ground.  Adam came in our bedroom and I told him to look out the window.  He looked out the window for a few minutes then said "Everything is white.  Everything is snowy."  Then he paused and then in a very excited voice he said, "It snowed!!  That is so awesome!"  So, he woke the other kids up and while the whole neighborhood was sleeping (about 7:30 a.m. Sunday morning) those crazy California Powells went out to play in the snow.... in their pajamas no less!!  It was very fun (very cold too) but tons of fun. 

ADAM
Rachel and Rebecca

Tanner and Joshua
We bought a snow shovel a few days ago.  The snow didn't stick to the sidewalk or street so we used it to plow the grass.  I know.... crazy California Powells.  Our neighbors probably think we are really wierd.
By the time we were ready to go to church at 11:00 a.m. all the snow was melted.  We were the only ones who got to play in it.  We even have a few snowballs in our freezer.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Jackson's said...

That is so great. Camryn wanted to go and play, but I'm a wimp and said no this time. I need to be more spontaneous that way.

Jonathon and Sarah said...

Oh, that sight makes me excited for the first snowfall here. The first few are always fun, and then winter gets a little old. Enjoy it while it is still new and exciting for all of you.

Lyndsey said...

SO awesome, it makes me want to be in Utah so bad! I get so frustrated that it is still warm here :( Looks gorgeous, I'm sure you're kids are loving it - I love that you all played in your pj's!!