Sunday, October 5, 2008

Miracles Still Happen

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of my surgery. I had an acoustic neuroma removed from the nerve next to my brain. It was a pretty major surgery and one of the scariest things I ever experienced, not to mention all the problems of vertigo leading up to it. I want to testify today that many miracles occured in my life throughout this experience. Everything from miraculous healing to very spiritual experiences that taught me much about God's love and the reality of His existence. It would be ungrateful of me not to thank Heavenly Father for all he has done for me, including letting me have the whole terrible experience for I learned things I could never have learned without such a trial. Don't get me wrong, I don't pray for trials because they seem to come enough on their own, but I am thankful for my experiences and am thankful to my wonderful family for their love and care. I am so thankful for all our friends who prayed for me, brought me dinner, helped with the kids, etc. And I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, who was my constant companion. I'm thankful today to be in such good health compared to a year ago.

6 comments:

The Jackson's said...

It's always nice to look back sometimes and see what we've learned from experiences. It's hard to see that when you're in the moment. You're a fabulous woman and I'm so glad you are still here.

Kathi said...

Hooray for happy endings! Love your sweet testimony.

The Kelly Family said...

My dad had an acoustic neuroma removed about 11 years ago. I was still in high school. At the time, it was a scary trial for our whole family. I still remember the morning of his surgury when he came into my room to kiss me goodbye, possibly for the last time. But looking back, it's funny how trials bring families together and make you appreciate the gospel. My dad's tumor was on the left side of his brain and was attached to his inner ear canal. They found it because he had gone deaf in his left ear at age 35. They removed the tumor and his inner ear canal and equilibrium on the left side of his head. He is still deaf in his left ear, has partial facial paralysis on the left side of his face, and has balance issues at night, but you can't tell by looking at him or talking to him. He still works as a teacher at BYU and is bishop of his ward right now. When you ask him about it now, he says he is grateful for the tumor and for how it strengthened his testimony and his family and can't imagine what his life would be like today if he hadn't gone through that experience. Thanks for sharing your testimony, and I'm glad that you're doing well.
Jen Kelly

Jon Conradt said...

It has only been a year? It seems to me like it was in a different lifetime. Few of the things around me seem to be from that era. Weird.

This must be what it feels like for clay that has been hauled up out of the ground, prepared, molded, fired and then glazed. Suddenly everything is different. The original material is still present but transformed into something with strength, form and beauty.

Jon

Toria said...

wow, I never knew that even happened. Thanks for sharing your experience and testimony. I love to read those things.

Angie Fellows said...

I had no idea that happened. thank you so much for sharing your amazing testimony. I'm so glad you have a blog and I hope you don't mind if I continue to check in on you. By the way this is Angie Fellows- I'm not sure if you remember me from Willow Glen Ward a couple years ago.