Monday, February 9, 2009

Reverent Jumping

We have church at 1:00 so the morning is long and the kids get a little restless.  Adam and Rebecca asked me yesterday if they could jump on the trampoline for a while.  I said, "I don't think that's a good Sunday thing to do, especially before church since we need to get ready to go."  Then Adam looks at me pleadingly and says, "We will be very reverent."  What could I say but, "You mean you are going to jump on the trampoline reverently?"  Both of them say, "Yes, yes."  So out they went.

A little while later, David and I went out to see where everybody was.  All five kids were sitting in a little circle in the middle of the trampoline.  David says, "Oh look, they're praying."  Turns out that Adam was crying and they were all trying to help him feel better.  

8 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

LOL-Oh Gaylene, I'm dying laughing! Our kids used to do this to us ALL the time & you've just gotta love their thinking. Our favorite was going for a "quiet swim" on sundays. How do you swim quietly? We won't splash! :) Hope you don't mind, I saw your blog from Busath's.

Mad Runner said...

Oh, how sweet! Not that Adam was hurt just that everyone was helping him!

Lyndsey said...

How cute! The things they think of!

Anonymous said...

There was a really good article in the Friend that just came out about doing stations on Sunday mornings. I thought, when my kids get older I'll definetly try it. Oh and I love the potato launcher, the bullets are genius!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Seriously I have to ask: sitting outside on the tramp in the dead of the winter? Do your kids just like being cold? Or is their CA skin nice and thick?

Cute that they were heloing Adam. And funny on David's comment.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Oh duh me... did you mean that they were praying for Adam to feel better, not that David thought they were praying?

how sweet and perfect the faith of little children

Mimi Crisenberry said...

Hey Powells! I can't believe how old your kids are now! I bet you feel the same way, thinking that I have kids of my own and used to be your babysitter every now and then. When did you guys move to UT? It looks like you guys are enjoying it. Fun to see what you have been up to, and see how grown up all of your kids are. I will definitely pass the hi on to my parents.

Gaylene said...

No Heather, you were right the first time. They weren't actually praying, just trying to convince him to not cry and not tell mom and dad that he got hurt (since it was probably one of the other kids that hurt him).