Monday, February 16, 2009

What Will They Think of Next?

It's been snowing off and on for the last week but not much has stayed on the ground.  The Powell kids are feeling a bit gypped.  They play outside all the time no matter how cold and if there isn't much snow, they just gather it from around so there is enough to play in.  So this past week I went outside to find all 5 kids playing in the backyard in the tiny bit of snow.  They built a whole bunch of tiny snowmen and then they went to the other side of the yard and threw snowballs at them.  It was kind of like snowball bowling only they threw them instead of rolled them.  They were having a great time and it was pretty funny to watch.  



While they were outside playing, 2 little kids from the neighborhood (different families) were in my family room playing Game Cube.  I said, "Don't you want to go out and play with all the kids?"  They both said, "No, it's too cold out there."  So they just played inside while my kids played outside.  The whole neighborhood has told me they can't believe how much our kids play outside.  I guess we ARE just crazy Californians.

3 comments:

The Jackson's said...

That makes me laugh. I am a total whimp when it comes to the cold. I would be inside playing the game cube too. I love that your kids are so creative when they play.

Comarsh Crew said...

You can take the family out of California, but you can't take California out of the family! My little boy Cayden (almost 2) loves to play outside, even when it is pouring down rain. I have to say no sometimes to that! When it stops pouring, we'll go out & splash in the puddles! I miss your family - it's been so long since the Parkview ward.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

I wish my kids would play outside more. The weather in winter Tucson is awesome!